Home-plate entrance to Recreation Park, Aug-2006.
Part of this grandstand may be original to 1937.
A look through the home-plate fence at the field and the adjacent Apple Bowl.
- Location: Orondo Avenue at Cherry Street, Wenatchee, Wash.
- Opened: 1937
- Home team: Wenatchee Chiefs (1937-41, 1946-65), Western International/Northwest League
The Wenatchee Chiefs were charter members of the Western International League, and with the exception of 1942 (and the war years during which the league did not operate), they remained in the loop continuously through 1965. The league became known as the Northwest League for the 1955 season.
While the bleacher seating has been removed or downsized, and the dugouts and lights are relatively new, the main seating bowl appears to remain fairly intact. The park is flanked in center field by the Apple Bowl, which serves Wenatchee High School’s football team. The area, where the Wenatchee flows into the Columbia, is prime growing territory for those world-famous Washington apples.
Today, the park is used for high school and American Legion baseball.
Return to the Stadiums page
Return to Charlie’s home page
Site and images Copyright © 2006 Charles O’Reilly. All rights reserved.
This page updated 28-Aug-2006