Vince Genna Stadium
Exterior of Vince Genna Stadium, Aug-2004.
The seating bowl.
A look out from behind the plate.
- Location: Roosevelt Avenue east of Route 97, Bend, Ore.
- Opened: 1946 as Municipal Ball Park
- Additional names: Vince Genna Stadium (1972)
- Home team: Bend Rainbows (1970-71), Timber Hawks (1978), Phillies (1981-87), Bucks (1988-91), Rockies (1992-94), Northwest League; Bend Bandits, Western League (1995-98)
- Capacity: 2,000 (approx.)
Municipal Ball Park first received use as a professional facility in 1970-71, after 24 years as a community ball field. After those two seasons, the park reverted to use by local teams for a while and was named for Vince Genna of the city parks and recreation department.
Later, the park saw more action in the Northwest League, including 14 straight years ending in 1994. After the last team moved out, the stadium got its professional life extended with the independent Western League. The Bend Bandits played here for four years before folding.
The park is currently used by the Bend Elks in the West Coast League, a summer college league.
Return to the Stadiums page
Return to Charlie’s home page
Site and images Copyright © 2004 Charles O’Reilly. All rights reserved.
This page updated 10-Sep-2015