Corning Memorial Stadium
Exterior of Corning Memorial Stadium, Aug-2007.
A side view of the main grandstand.
A wider shot, from what would have been the outfield.
- Location: Craumer Drive at Jacoby Boulevard, Corning, N.Y.
- Opened: 1948 (1951 for pro baseball)
- Closed: 1969 (for pro baseball)
- Home team: Corning Athletics (1951-52), Independents (1953), Red Sox (1954-60, also called Cor-Sox 1959), Royals (1968-69), PONY / New York-Penn League
Memorial Stadium opened in 1948 to honor the deceased of the two World Wars from the city of Corning, the glass-making city in Steuben County. Throughout its history, it served as a combination baseball-football field, but it hosted professional baseball for a dozen seasons between 1951 and 1969.
The site is now strictly dedicated to sports played on a rectangular field (football, soccer, lacrosse, etc.), as well as track and field. It is used mainly by the adjacent high school. The field received a new FieldTurf installation in the early 2000s.
Return to the Stadiums page
Return to Charlie’s home page
Site and images Copyright © 2007 Charles O’Reilly. All rights reserved.
This page updated 6-Aug-2007