Taylor Memorial Field
Exterior of Taylor Memorial Field in Pine Bluff, Sep-2006.
The multicolored seating area, as seen from foul territory down the third-base line.
The view from press row.
- Location: 16th Avenue and Florida Street, Pine Bluff, Ark.
- Opened: 1940
- Home team: Pine Bluff Judges (1940, 1950-1st half of 1955), Cardinals (1948-49), Cotton States League; Pine Bluff Locomotives, Big South League (1996); University of Arkansas Pine Bluff Golden Lions, Southwest Athletic Conference
- Capacity: 2,500
As you can tell by the inset, Taylor Memorial Field in Pine Bluff is a WPA-vintage park. “WPA 1940” is also stamped into the concrete walkways in a few places. The seating has obviously been upgraded since then, but the stadium structure remains intact.
The primary inhabitants of Taylor Field are the Pine Bluff High School Zebras and the city’s youth baseball programs. The University of Arkansas Pine Bluff also plays at least some of their games here. However, pro ball made a reappearance after a forty-year absence when the independent Big South League moved a club in for a single season.
Return to the Stadiums page
Return to Charlie’s home page
Site and images Copyright © 2006 Charles O’Reilly. All rights reserved.
This page updated 4-Sep-2006