Andalusia HS Stadium



What was the baseball entrance to the Andalusia High School stadium, Jul-2015.

The cover behind the baseball stands is still intact.

A view from what would have been behind the plate at what is now strictly a football stadium.

Quick Facts:
After a five-year run as the Andalusia Rams playing at no-longer-extant Fairgrounds Park, baseball returned to the seat of Covington County at the new high school stadium, which was built to accommodate both baseball and football.

The Class D team lasted for four years, left, and then returned for 1953. In 1954, they played some of their games here and some of them at the very similar facility in Opp, 16 miles east. Finally, in 1962, a Dodgers farm club relocated here briefly and then finished the season in Ozark, another 50 miles east of Opp.

The stadium has not been used for baseball for many years, and it may not remain in its current form for long. The board of education has proposed moving the football field closer to the highway bypass and repurposing the current stadium land, which is adjacent to the high school.


Return to the Stadiums page
Return to Charlie’s home page
E-mail: charlies.ballparks@verizon.net

Site and images Copyright © 2015 Charles O’Reilly. All rights reserved.
This page updated 3-Aug-2015